Great Tasting Recipes
Classic Deviled Eggs
- Calories 60
- • Fat 4
- • Cholestorol 90
- • Sodium 109
- • Total Carbohydrate 1
- • Dietry Fiber 0
- • Protein 3
- 2/3 cup lowfat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Paprika,
- Place 12 eggs into a large pot and cover them in an inch of cool water.
- Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit 12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a strainer and place under cool running water to stop the cooking.
- When cool enough to handle, gently tap egg on countertop until shell is finely crackled all over.
- Roll egg between hands to loosen shell. Starting peeling at large end.
- Once peeled, cut eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks.
- Mash yolks with a fork and add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Put the yolk mixture into a plastic zip-top bag and snip the end off one corner.
- Pipe the mixture into the whites and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.