Great Tasting Recipes
Egg Drop Soup
- Calories 81
- • Fat 1
- • Cholestorol 58
- • Sodium 574
- • Total Carbohydrate 4
- • Dietry Fiber 1
- • Protein 14
- 6 cups low-sodium Chicken (or Vegetable) Stock
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh Baby Spinach or Baby Arugula
- 4 Shitake Mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground White Pepper
- 2 Farmhouse eggs (large), lightly beaten
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer.
- Add 6 tablespoons of scallions, the spinach (or arugula), mushrooms, soy sauce and white pepper. Return to a low simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stirring with a fork, gradually add the eggs in a slow steady stream. Cook until the eggs are set, stirring to create shreds or ribbons of the eggs, 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from the heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with remaining scallions.
- Season with salt to taste and serve immediately.