Great Tasting Recipes
Egg-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Calories 174
- • Fat 9
- • Cholestorol 101
- • Sodium 974
- • Total Carbohydrate 16
- • Dietry Fiber 2
- • Protein 7
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 Farmhouse Eggs, large
- 2 strips bacon, cooked
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet, pierce each potato a few times with a fork, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are finished, slice them in half lengthwise and let them cool.
- Scoop inside out from the sweet potatoes to make room for the filling.
- Place eggs in skillet and cook on medium-low for just a few minutes. Be sure not to overcook these eggs as they will continue cooking after removed from heat, and will be placed into the oven later on.
- Break eggs into four equal parts. Place each into the hollow parts of the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
- Break bacon apart with your hands into small pieces. Sprinkle over the eggs.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Set your oven to broil on high. Place potatoes in the oven and broil for three minutes or until cheese is melted.