Great Tasting Recipes
Irish Soda Bread
- Calories 150
- • Fat 1
- • Cholestorol 30
- • Sodium 223
- • Total Carbohydrate 30
- • Dietry Fiber 1
- • Protein 4
- 2 FARMHOUSE EGGS®
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare pans. You can use a 5X9 loaf pan or an 8″ round cake pan. Spray each with cooking spray, or, coat all sides with a thin layer of shortening and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and buttermilk until blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Stir in raisins.
- Slowly add the eggs and milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until a sticky, thick dough forms. You may also choose to mix the dough in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, or with a hand mixer.
- When dough is well blended, place in baking pan (either round pan or loaf pan, whichever you prefer).
- Sprinkle a light dusting of flour on top. You may also add a few raisins on top if you prefer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour if using loaf pan or 50 minutes if using an 8″ round pan.
- When finished, cool completely before serving.