Great Tasting Recipes
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Calories 155
- • Fat 5
- • Cholestorol 15
- • Sodium 173
- • Total Carbohydrate 24
- • Dietry Fiber 1
- • Protein 3
- 2 Farmhouse Eggs (large)
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 oz bottle red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- your favorite frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line 2 12-cup cupcake tins with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, instant vanilla pudding mix, salt, baking soda; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium (or in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment), in large bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract, vinegar, food coloring and oil until well blended.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until well combined and smooth (approximately 2 minutes)
- Fill cupcake tins 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting with your favorite can of frosting.