Great Tasting Recipes
- Calories 150
- • Fat 8
- • Cholestorol 19
- • Sodium 218
- • Total Carbohydrate 22
- • Dietry Fiber 3
- • Protein 4
- 1 Farmhouse Egg
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup Xylitol (or whatever type of sugar you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup dairy-free yogurt
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (you may need a little more depending on consistency)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup organic corn kernels (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder & soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Sift 3 times. This step really does make it light and airy – so I wouldn’t skip it!
- Stir the egg, flaxseed, yogurt and milk in a separate bowl. Combine with the cornmeal mixture.
- Place the butter in your baking dish, and melt in the preheated oven. Once melted, pour the hot, melted butter into the cornmeal mixture and mix so everything is thoroughly combined.
- Gently stir in the corn kernels (optional)
- Transfer the cornmeal mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake on the center rack in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the edges of the cornbread pull away from the sides of the dish, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes. before cutting.