Great Tasting Recipes
Cheddar Cheese Muffins
- Calories 216
- • Fat 11g
- • Cholestorol 61mg
- • Sodium 212mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 19g
- • Dietry Fiber 1g
- • Protein 10g
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Large FARMHOUSE EGGS®
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- ½ cup queso fresco
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside the flour mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy. Add yogurt and mix until combined followed by eggs.
- Add the sifted flour and mix gently to incorporate without any flour streaks remaining. Fold in diced jalapeno, grated cheddar cheese, and queso fresco until well combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Divide the dough between each lined muffin well until top and level with a spatula. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden color.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and serve warm with butter or honey.
- Store the leftover muffins once cooled in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.