Great Tasting Recipes
- Calories 324
- • Fat 29g
- • Cholestorol 211mg
- • Sodium 39mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 12g
- • Dietry Fiber 0g
- • Protein 2g
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup light cream
- 4 Farmhouse large egg yolks, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus additional 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined; set aside
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a boil, and allow to boil for approximately 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and pour over egg yolks mixture, whisking rapidly.
- When yolks and cream are fully incorporated, return to saucepan and cook over medium heat, until mixture is thick and coats a metal spoon. Do not bring mixture to a boil.
- Pour equally into 6 ramekins and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle each ramekin with sugar; preheat oven broiler to highest temperature setting, placing ramekins under broiler to caramelize sugar on top.
- Serve with your favorite seasonal berries and enjoy!