Great Tasting Recipes
Easter Sugar Cookies
- Calories 67
- • Fat 2g
- • Cholestorol 7mg
- • Sodium 30mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 13g
- • Dietry Fiber 0g
- • Protein 1g
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large FARMHOUSE EGG
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- additional 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- few drops food coloring of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in milk.
- Sift flour and baking powder and then mix with butter, sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Divide dough in half and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- Roll dough on floured board to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with egg shaped cookie cutters of varying sizes.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 8 – 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the icing, combine sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Add food coloring.
- Frost cookies and serve!