Great Tasting Recipes
French Toast Strata
- Calories 187
- • Fat 4g
- • Cholestorol 118mg
- • Sodium 304mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 29g
- • Dietry Fiber 1g
- • Protein 8g
- 8 FARMHOUSE EGGS®
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 french baguette loaf, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Coat a 13 X 9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut baguette into 1/2-inch cubes and spread along the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well and pour over bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press down lightly, so the bread absorbs the egg mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours (or overnight) before baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- When removed from oven, sprinkle with brown sugar and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.