Great Tasting Recipes
Salsa Deviled Eggs
- Calories 34
- • Fat 2g
- • Cholestorol 81mg
- • Sodium 50mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 0g
- • Dietry Fiber 0g
- • Protein 3g
- 6 Large FARMHOUSE EGGS®
- 3 tablespoons fresh salsa or chunky salsa, drained, if necessary
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Refrigerated fresh salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer.
- Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch; heat on high just to boiling.
- Remove from burner and cover pan. Let the eggs stand in the hot water for about 12 minutes.
- To cool, place eggs in an ice bath until able to handle.
- Gently tap egg on counter top to crack shell. Roll between your hands to loosen and start peeling.
- Once peeled, cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk to a bowl.
- Mash yolks with fork and add 3 tablespoons of salsa and sour cream; mix well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Top each with about 1/2 teaspoon salsa and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time or up to 24 hours.