Great Tasting Recipes
- Calories 283
- • Fat 14
- • Cholestorol 5
- • Sodium 175
- • Total Carbohydrate 123
- • Dietry Fiber 4
- • Protein 10
- 6 FARMHOUSE EGGS®
- 1 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 meduim yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground garam marsala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or basil, more for garnish
- salt & pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with generously salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes and drain.
- When just cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- While potatoes cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in peppers and cook 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala and coriander; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer over medium-low heat, breaking up tomatoes with a fork for 15 minutes.
- Stir in mint and cilantro or basil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place potatoes in a single layer on a 9-inch-square baking dish.
- Pour the hot tomato sauce over potatoes and bake 20 minutes
- Make six wells in the tomato mixture and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until egg whites are set and cooked through. Garnish with herbs and serve.