Great Tasting Recipes
- Calories 127
- • Fat 7
- • Cholestorol 177
- • Sodium 119
- • Total Carbohydrate 10
- • Dietry Fiber 3
- • Protein 7
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 Farmhouse eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a deep, large skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- First, add chopped onion and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Then add garlic and continue to sauté till mixture is fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Next, add tomatoes and tomato paste; stir till blended.
- Add spices and stir well. Allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until it starts to reduce.
- Taste mixture and add spices according to your preferences. For a sweeter sauce, add sugar. For a spicier sauce, add more cayenne pepper.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture; spacing them evenly.
- Cover the pan and allow mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and the sauce has slightly reduced.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy.