Great Tasting Recipes
Soft Boil Avocado Toast
- Calories 202
- • Fat 12g
- • Cholestorol 212mg
- • Sodium 221mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 16g
- • Dietry Fiber 3g
- • Protein 10g
- 1 Farmhouse egg, soft boiled
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fill a saucepan with a few inches of water and set it over high heat. Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Lower heat and let water reduce to a rapid simmer.
- Crack egg into a ramekin and gently slip egg into the simmering water.
- For 1-2 eggs, cook for 5 minutes for a very runny yolk or up to 7 minutes for a barely-set yolk.
- Remove egg with a slotted spoon and run under cold water.
- When cool enough to handle, gently tap egg on the counter and peel off shell
- Meanwhile toast 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
- In a bowl, place 1/2 of the avocado and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top toast with an even layer of avocado and then your soft boiled egg.