Great Tasting Recipes
Vegetable Pizza with Sunny Side Up Eggs
- Calories 300
- • Fat 12g
- • Cholestorol 106mg
- • Sodium 637mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 31g
- • Dietry Fiber 1g
- • Protein 17g
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces baby spinach, about 10 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Farmhouse Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the garlic and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms, tossing with kitchen tongs, and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer to a sieve or colander set over a bowl and let drain 5 minutes; discard liquid. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 15-inch circle and transfer to the pizza pan.
- Spread the ricotta evenly over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border around the edge.
- Top evenly with the spinach and mushrooms, then sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake until the crust is lightly browned, 20-22 minutes and remove from oven.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack in the eggs and cook until the whites are just set, about 3 minutes.
- Top the pizza with the eggs. Cut through the eggs into 8 slices.