Great Tasting Recipes
Poached Eggs with Asparagus
- Calories 170
- • Fat 13g
- • Cholestorol 190mg
- • Sodium 150mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 5g
- • Dietry Fiber 1g
- • Protein 8g
- 4 Farmhouse Eggs
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare an ice bath with 1 dozen ice cubes and water in a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add asparagus; cook until bright green, approximately 3-5 minutes; transfer asparagus to ice bath to stop cooking and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat and add garlic; cook for 1 minute before adding asparagus. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat evenly and cook for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender and warmed through, but still crisp.
- Divide up asparagus on 4 plates.
- Fill a medium pot with 2-3 inches of water and add vinegar; bring water a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl and slowly add to simmering water; cook egg for 3-4 minutes or until whites are set.
- remove with slotted spoon and set egg on top of asparagus and garnish with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with remaining eggs; garnish and serve.