Great Tasting Recipes
- Calories 130
- • Fat 6
- • Cholestorol 80
- • Sodium 70
- • Total Carbohydrate 27
- • Dietry Fiber 1
- • Protein 4
- 5 Farmhouse Eggs
- 2 lbs all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk, warmed to 110 degrees F
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 packages active dry yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Farmhouse egg, hard-cooked & dyed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve yeast in heated milk.
- Add melted butter to milk/yeast mixture once it is cooled.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, salt and flour together; add milk mixture and blend well until dough forms.
- Turn out dough on floured surface and knead well, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray; cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place for approximately 2 hours.
- When dough has risen, punch down and allow to rise again for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from bowl and shape: You can divide dough into thirds and braid. Curl dough around to form a ring and place in a greased and floured 9″ round baking pan. Or, you may just leave dough in a long braid and bake on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle top of dough with sesame seeds and place dyed hard-cooked egg in center of bread ring, or in one end of the bread braid (you may add more eggs as you like).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes or until bread is golden brown.