Great Tasting Recipes
Classic Quiche Lorraine
- Calories 199
- • Fat 13g
- • Cholestorol 107mg
- • Sodium 308mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 11g
- • Dietry Fiber 0g
- • Protein 10g
- 4 Large FARMHOUSE EGGS®
- 1 9-inch pie crust (frozen or refrigerated dough)
- 1 cup low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup of 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Prepare pie crust following the packaging instructions.
- Cook bacon slices in a medium pan on medium-high heat until crisp. Pat bacon dry with a paper towel and crumble. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and milk and mix well until thoroughly blended.
- Combine shredded cheese, chopped onion, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into pie crust and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.