Great Tasting Recipes
- Calories 386
- • Fat 27g
- • Cholestorol 245mg
- • Sodium 537mg
- • Total Carbohydrate 15g
- • Dietry Fiber 0g
- • Protein 20g
- 8 FARMHOUSE EGGS®
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 10 oz cooked crab (claws) meat, chopped small
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with pie crust; follow package instructions if the crust requires any pre-baking.
- In a frying pan on medium heat add oil, red bell peppers and onions and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a medium bowl until all of the eggs are well incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Blend peppers, onion, crab meat and Swiss cheese into egg mixture; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until eggs are set and quiche is golden.